MINIMUM 3 YEARS REQUIRED
*No Sponsorship Provided
As a global industry leader in food and beverage ingredients, innovation and pioneering spirit define our approach. Our commitment is to stay ahead of consumer trends, providing food and beverage manufacturers with exceptional products and ingredients that captivate their consumers' taste buds. Embracing sustainability, we strive to make a positive impact on both people and the planet, ensuring that delight extends beyond just the flavors.
The Demand Planner, reporting to the Director of Planning, plays a vital role in achieving our forecast accuracy goals. They continuously enhance demand planning processes, oversee the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process, and provide value through innovative network planning. This role delivers a 24-month rolling demand plan during monthly demand reviews. As the tactical S&OP administrator, the Demand Planner builds and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders across various departments (Sales, Product Line, Manufacturing, Customer Operations, Finance, HR, IT, etc.). We seek an ideal candidate with strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking ability, adaptability, a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and a passion for exceeding job expectations
- Lead forecast analysts in recognizing product demand for market support.
- Develop 24-month rolling demand forecasts (in $/units) for Latest Estimates, Operating Plans, and financial projections.
- Document assumptions, highlight changes, and monitor market conditions.
- Coordinate monthly Demand Review meetings with input from Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service, recommending decisions to leadership when consensus is lacking.
- Implement a weekly forecasting process at SKU and location levels, including order comparison and anomaly detection.
- Improve forecast accuracy by developing error metrics and conducting root-cause analysis.
- Maintain Class A Planning and Control-level forecasting processes.
- Lead software installation for statistical forecasting, maintenance, and updates.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing on demand plan options in supply-constrained scenarios.
- Contribute to process improvement in demand planning and issue resolution.
- Utilize statistical techniques and historical data for forecast accuracy enhancement.
- Predict lift from future promotions using historical and grid data.
- Develop models for new product demand prediction.
- Assist in designing, documenting, and implementing an effective forecasting process.
- Conduct "What-If?" scenarios based on pricing, market share, and competition.
- Work towards business goals for Forecast Bias and Error.
- Ensure timely entry and transmission of forecasts to DRP.
- Communicate demand forecasts and assumptions to supply and finance teams.
- Fulfill other assigned responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; however, candidates with three (3) years of relevant work experience may substitute for the degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant Demand Planning experience is necessary, with a preference for food & beverage industry experience. For those substituting experience for a degree, a total of eight (8) years of related experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills are necessary to maintain positive relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead change and processes is a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail are vital.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, is required.
- Preferred experience in statistical modeling.
- Proficiency in product knowledge and logistics understanding is expected.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities are essential.v