A leading manufacturing company with global coverage is currently seeking a driven, and motivated individual to be their Commodity Manager of electrical Components at their Itasca, IL site.
The Commodity Manager- Electrical will be responsible for:
- Supplier Identification, Assessment, and Relationship Management
- Supplier Rationalization
- Commodity Risk Assessments
- Cost Savings Initiatives
- New Product Development Support
- Commodity Market Updates
- Annual Commodity Budgeting
- Drive Purchasing activities of all assigned commodities and services striving to purchase them at the lowest possible total cost, consistent with quality and delivery expectations
The Commodity Manager- Electrical should have the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years direct experience in developing & executing Electronics strategy
- Strong experience in ICs, Passives, Connectors, PCB & Eletro-mechanical components
- Existing relationships with suppliers for ICs, Passives, Connectors, PCB & Eletro-mechanical
- Proven project management and cost reduction experience and success
- Effective negotiator with multiple approaches to choose depending on circumstances.