- Location: Houston, TX
- Flexibility: Hybrid
One of the global leaders in the petrochemicals industry, sustainability, and ESG is looking to hire a Category Manager to be responsible for implementing sourcing strategies for MRO and contracts/services.
If you want to impact one of the most successful petrochemicals organizations with over 130 plants in 34 different countries looking to exceed an annual revenue of $16B, check out the below description and qualifiactions!
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders yielding effective partnerships.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives including development and execution of clearly defined sourcing events; document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Effectively interact and communicate with manufacturing, project management and suppliers regarding commodity management activities.
- Purchase materials in the assigned commodity portfolio, consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- 10+ Years in Procurement in managing service and MRO categories, services, and experience with industrial commodities (repair of rotating equipment, Electrical components, PVF, Gaskets etc.)
- A high degree of proficiency in SAP 3.6 or higher.
- Strategic sourcing or supply chain management experience (contracts and vendor management, supplier evaluation, regulatory compliance, segmentation & taxonomy).