- Location- The Woodlands (Houston, TX)
- Working Situation- Onsite
- Level- Manger
A leading chemicals and intermediates and surfactants producer is looking to hire a Category Manager (MRO and Corporate Services) to lead, develop, and implement commodity strategies to achieve long-term strategic sourcing goals.
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders yielding effective partnerships.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives including development and execution of clearly defined sourcing events; document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Effectively use SAP to create and maintain supplier agreements, pricing, or commodity analytics in a timely manner and streamline procurement processes.
- Effectively interact and communicate with manufacturing, project management and suppliers regarding commodity management activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- 5-10 years of experience in managing related commodities to the petrochemicals industry
- Experience in managing industrial commodities (repair/services, electrical components/controls, PVF, Gaskets, etc.)
- A high degree of proficiency in SAP 3.6 or higher.