A Chicago based Consumer Goods Company is seeking a Category Manager. You will play a key role in the organization's procurement strategy. In addition, you will make a direct impact on the team by anchoring the procurement team. If you are passionate about sourcing and impacting a company's bottom line this is the job for you!
The Category Manager (Direct):
- Identifies, negotiates, and leads global sourcing activities for strategic commodities
- Develops and implements policies for vendor selection and set targets for quality, cost, and delivery
- Represents department in corporate meetings and reports progress to management relative to cost reductions and improvements
The Category Manager (Direct) should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting, Supply Chain, or a Related Field
- 3 or more years of Category Management Experience
- Experience in Commodity Management with direct commodities or packaging
- Experience with a Consumer Goods Category Management or Procurement
This firm offers competitive and flexible benefits plans, along with a focus on a healthy work/life balance.
- Attractive health care package/401K
- Competitive pay structure
- Comprehensive Benefits and Vacation Package