Regional Category Manager needed for an International Specialty Chemicals Company
- Manager Level
- New Jersey (relocation assistance offered)
- $95,000 - $105,000 + bonus
An international speciality chemicals company is looking for a Category Manager to oversee their Coatings and Resins category within their North American Procurement Team.
This Category Manager will be in charge of a $60 million spend for raw materials as well as implementing policies for continuous improvement, focusing on strategic sourcing, and support the operational team as a whole. You will report directly into the VP of Procurement and have the opportunity for greater exposure to upper management while also helping to develop and manage internal relationships with customers and suppliers.
The Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop cost saving measures to provide the lowest cost possible for the specific category through strategic sourcing strategies.
- Manage supplier relationships by conducting RFQ/RFP's to assist with negotiations and achieve the highest possible value.
- Expand supplier network by qualifying new vendors to mitigate risk within the category.
- Back the Production Creation Process for new products and introduce new suppliers and materials for these projects.
- Analyze data from the SAP system to ensure accuracy and avoid discrepancies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to reduce cost enhancing work related to the procurement space.
- Improve internal efficiency and compliance by working closely with customers and stakeholders.
- Present findings to upper management to display personal achievements in cost reduction and process improvements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of experience with procurement or sourcing activities with raw materials
- Knowledge of internal software systems such as SAP/ERP
- Ability to travel to plants, regional meetings, and supplier audits as necessary