Our client in the automotive manufacturing industry is looking to bring on an experienced Senior Buyer to their team. The goal of this role is to manage supplier relationships, and demonstrate a strategic mindset by deploying better sourcing strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the Tier 1 automotive space, supplier management for direct materials, and be bale to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- RFQ/RFP preparation and issue POs
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships, ensuring best cost quality and managing issues in a timely, effective manner
- Participate and facilitate ideas for cost reduction, continuous improvement, and strategic sourcing methods
- Maintain SAP System
- PPAP and VA/VE execution to ensure success of cross-department functionality
- 2+ years of procurement in Tier 1 or 2 auto supplier
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, engineering, or business management
- VA/VE execution
- Strong Microsoft office skills