Design and program high performance robotics automation, assembly and/or inspection systems for automated reagent dispensing systems, micro-plate test kits and micro-fluidic assay cartridges used in the biodefense, clinical, and life-science markets. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams to support the needs of new product development programs and expand the capacity of existing manufacturing lines through automation. Additional job duties include the configuration, validation and troubleshooting of automation system hardware and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop new programs to control manufacturing and R&D equipment and maintain the existing programs
- Closely work with cross-functional teams to support the needs of new product development programs and expand the capacity of existing manufacturing lines through automation
- Configure, validate, and troubleshoot automation software
- Write requirement and technical documents including release notes and work instructions
- Participate in design and code review and milestone reviews
- Interact with outside vendors to source equipment and components
- Support new product development based on research and analysis
- Specific duties may vary depending upon department requirements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related science or engineering discipline is required.
- 3-5 years working experience in automation equipment software design. Prior experience with industrial robots, motors, controllers, and/or digital and analog sensors is required.
- 3-5 years programming experience using C# .Net in agile teams is required.
- Prior experience with machine vision and image processing is preferred.
- Experience with XML, SQL, industrial networking, communication protocols, GUI design and database management is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of full lifecycle software development for automation systems
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic and C++ is plus
- Demonstrate ability to develop, integrate and validate systems, in a GMP, ISO or other regulated production environment for pharmaceuticals, biotech or medical devices manufacturing is a plus
- Working knowledge of the manufacture of FDA regulated devices and experience in the health care field is a plus
- Strong programming fundamentals and analytical background o Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of project data
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to multi-task and work productively in a demanding environment with changing priorities
- Hardware/software integration experience is highly desirable.
ENVIRONMENT: This position will operate in the following areas of the organization:
- Standard office environment
- Standard engineering lab environment.