Title: Assay Automation Engineer
Location: Washington DC - Metropolitan Area
Compensation: $80,000-120,000 on annual base + bonus + benefits
Company Summary: A global leader in the biotech industry is seeking an Assay Automation Engineer that will be responsible of the development, integration and testing of automated assay protocols using custom and standard microplate handling under the guidance of senior team members. Right person should be able to develop automation scripts, analyze data and draw conclusions.
The Assay Automation Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design, Implement and optimize software sequences for automation of assay protocols
- Develop and execute system design verification and validation test plans
- Work within cross-functional teams to support the design and development of automated assay methods
- Experimentally and analytically characterize hardware system and subsystem performance and capabilities
The Senior Automation Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related field)
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Python, MATLAB, Minitab, or similar required
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Proficiency working with laboratory automation such as liquid handlers, plate robotics, and other automation equipment
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please do not wait to apply!